Sunday 4 November 2012

Review: A Chance in Hell (2011)


First I´d like to thank Tony Wash for providing me with a screener.
Set in the winter of 1944 in Nazi-occupied Germany.  US soldiers stumble upon a secret Nazi facility that has been overrun by creatures that were created in the lab of the nefarious Dr. Bücher. A Chance in Hell is 35 minutes long short film written by Johnny S and Tony Wash who also is the director. The acting is pretty good. I do like the fact that the actors playing german characters speak german (I hate when they speak english with a german accent). Very nicely shot and edited, the setting is very good. The soundtrack is very good. The only negative remark I have is that the german uniforms are somewhat based in Hollywoodland but I´m sure that some compromises had to be made while shooting this. There is gore, the fx varies somewhat in quality but there are some really good looking fx on display and the high light is as scene where a guy is ripped apart. That scene looks freaking great! The creature fx design is good and reminded me of Lamberto Bava´s Demons. There is no T & A in this.
You can buy a copy of the flick from http://www.scotchworthy.com/ .
This review is based upon a passwordprotected online screener provided by Tony Wash.
Rating: 6½ out of 7. I enjoyed this a lot, it´s ambitious, well made and is based on a very cool concept.

/JL





No comments:

Post a Comment