Wednesday 11 April 2012

Review: Children of Evil (2012)



First I´d like to thank Daniel Lehmussaari for making a screener available to me.
Children of Evil is a short film from Cruzial Film & Media, running time is just over 6 minutes, it is based around a poem written by Thom Olausson and directed by Daniel Lehmussaari. It´s an interesting and a new way to present a poem, it´s clear that Cruzial Film & Media has developed it´s technique and "know how" as this looks better than their earlier feature film Svart Död. The camera work and editing is decent, the soundtrack is good, it´s hard to comment on the acting as there is no dialogue spoken by characters and they only appear shortly but I would regard it as decent. The setting and atmosphere is good. The fx, both practical make-up fx and some computer gendered flames, looks ok and my favorite is the vampire (played by Roger Bylund). There is no real gore in it but that´s not what the film is about.
This review is based upon a online screener supplied to me by Daniel Lehmussaari.
Rating: 4½ out of 7. Children of Evil is pretty good, the limitations of the budget is noticeble but I think that Daniel and his crew have managed to make a decent looking short film and I can imagine Cruzial Film & Media using this short film to market their studio in the future.

/JL

No comments:

Post a Comment