Saturday 31 March 2012

Review: Plano Detalle (2011)


First I´d like to thank Sergio Blasco for sending me a screener of his latest film. Before you read my review I should point out that my knowledhe of spanish is very limited and I´m certain I missed some parts of the plot, failed to understand some dialogue and so on..
Alfredo, a young unscrupulous entrepreneur has filed bankruptcy and is about to accept a job offer from an old friend of his father, now with the office of Councillor for Culture. But the company is a cover to conceal their true income, consisting of kidnapping and abusing young women while they are videotaped, to the delight of people who pay large sums for the video works commissioned from Alfredo. Everything is carried out in a pyramid, where each person works from public office to favor the next, and until the last link which consists of Fidel, Ernesto and Draxina who act acts as executioners for the camera. It soon becomes a trap with no exit, when the three kidnap two young women who happen to be the daughters of a prominent businessman, then, "top", decides to disappear and not wanting to know nothing, leaving Alfredo with two kidnapped girls and three lunatics who want their money. Plano Detalle is written and directed by Sergio Blasco, the spanish answer to Olaf Ittenbach. The acting is decent, it´s professionally shot and edited (it´s quite abvious that Sergio has come a long way since his earlt films). There is some nudity and even a few explicit shots. The pacing is a bit low, the teaser for Plano Detalle promised a lot but the film only delivers partly as it takes some time for the stuff that we are waiting for and expecting, the gore. The gore comes towards the end of the film, it gets bloody (mostly practical fx but there are some computer gendered fx) but it ain´t as extreme as I anticipated (this isn´t Mas Carnaza which is hardcore and very brutal)...
Plano Detalle currently has no DVD distribution, sergio Blasco is seeking distribution for it.
This review is based upon a screener sent to me, it´s uncut, lacks english audio or subtitles and as my knowledge of spanish is very limited I´m sure I missed out on some plot points and dialogue.
Rating: 2 out of 7. I´d guess that Plano Detalle would get a higher rating if my understanding of the spanish laguage was better, it isn´t bad but it isn´t what I expected or hoped for after seeing the teaser trailer.

/JL

No comments:

Post a Comment