Saturday 31 March 2012

Review: Consumption (2008)


First I´d like to thank producer Zach Green for making a online screener available to me!
After weeks of online communication Claudia (Andrea Nettleton) and Professor George Klubbard (Bruno Talotta) are ready to meet face to face. What at first appears to be a simple date quickly turns sinister and shockingly graphic. Tonight Georges impeccable taste in women will pay off and Claudia will learn that the fastest way to a mans heart is through his stomach, literally. Consumption is written and directed by Richard Powell, it´s produced by Fatal Pictures which is one of my favorite productions companies, they have give us the short films Worm and Familiar both of which have received a rating of 7 out of 7 from me. They produce well written, well made and unsettling scary short films that are among the best films I´ve seen for years. Yes, I´m totally serious, they make tense, unsettling and well made films. And I´m very pleased to say that they maintain the same high quality with Consumption, the cast is very good, it´s very nicely made with high production values (camera work, editing, soundtrack). The gore, all practical gore make-up, is surprisingly graphic and not for the squemish. But it´s not the gore that sells this film, it´s the dialogue and the actors and the craftmanship of the film makers.
This review is based upon a online screener made availabe to me.
Rating: 7 out of 7. Consumption is impressive and highly recommended!! Check it out!!

/JL

No comments:

Post a Comment