Wednesday 28 December 2011

The best movies of the year 2011, the independent flicks that has received the highest ratings


It´s that time of the year to present the films that has received the highest ratings during 2011, please keep in mind that the blog was started in October 2011 and since then 56 DVD´s has been reviewed.

Rage (2010) Rating: 7 out of 7. It pleases me enormously that only a few days from the end of year, I get one of the best films I've seen in 2011 and I belong to those who had the privilege to see the film before its release on DVD. Rage is a very effective and entertaining film, it´s a extremely well made independent film and has a ton of tension. Rage gets my highest recommendations! 

Torched (Video 2004) Rating: 7 out of 7. Torched is brutal, sick and twisted! It´s a disturbing and creepy film and I recommend it highly to hardcore horror fans! I'm very interested to see what else Nicholson brings to the table in upcoming features.

Gutterballs (2008) Rating: 7 out of 7. Gutterballs accomplishes a lot, especially considering it´s limited budget. Sure it has some faults but it's a movie made by the horror fan for the horror fan. It´s a very entertaining and nice little horror film. I loved Gutterballs! I want a part two or a prequel!

Adam Chaplin (2011) Rating: 7 out of 7!! I’m very very pleased to have seen this one. This is one of the best films I´ve seen during 2011. I look forward to seeing more from Necrostorm!

A Day of Violence (2010) Rating: 7 out of 7. One word: Awesome! A Day of Violence delivers what´s can be expected and much more. I look forward to seeing more of both Darren Ward and Nick Rendell!  A Day of Violence is highly recommended!

Scrapbook (Video 2000) Rating: Scrapbook gets 7 out of 7! It´s a film that is vicious, uncomfortable and uncompromising. An alternative to Hollywood´s tendency to glamorize serial killers.  It´s one of the most disturbing movies I've ever seen, I actually found myself  squirming in my seat when watching it, it is that hard to watch. A true gut punch. Not for the squeamish!

Sella Turcica (2010) Rating: 7 out of 7. I really liked this flick a lot. I think that if you just want to see blood n' guts you probably will be disappointed and I can imagine that some may consider that the film is a bit slow but I liked the pace, building up to the total destruction at the end. All in all good effort from the actors and the effects are fantastic! Director Fred Vogel is definitively a director to watch.

The Suppressor (2012) Rating: 7 out of 7. Now this was a really nice surprise, the plot has some similarities with Death Wish 4 but The Suppressor is a superior flick in every aspect. I highly recommend it to fans of action/vigilante films. I will keep an eye out for Ara Paiaya.

/JL

No comments:

Post a Comment